This is a timely discussion of using new information technologies and media for communicating diverse health information to diverse audiences. This book is useful, readable, current, well organized, and seems to be a unique contribution.
This book presents innovative, media-based methods of health communication for health care professionals, public health officials, and communication experts. As a media-based text, Health Communication demonstrates the extent to which modern, digital technology can serve as the most practical and efficient form of distributing health-related information.
This unique book addresses the following:
- The role technology can and will play in health communication
- How new media can be used to improve health literacy
- How patients can learn about health-related issues and health care
- New ways practitioners will be able to communicate with their patients
- How persons with chronic diseases learn about resources, support systems, and rehabilitation
- The impact of the new media landscape on health care providers, insurance companies, and health care policies