Provides a wealth of proven anti-bullying resources for all nursing settings
This pocket-sized, quick-access guide gives nurses crucial information they need to know to understand, identify, and effectively counter incivility, bullying, and violence in all nursing settings. Viewing nurse bullying as an institutional problem, this text expounds upon the ANA position statement, "Incivility, Bullying, and Workplace Violence" and includes definitions and statistics about nurse bullying, and what nurses at any level can do when faced with a bully.
Delivered in an easy-to-read, bulleted format, this resource covers all aspects of bullying, including an overview of the problem; why nurses bully each other; a discussion and quantification of the cost and impact of bullying on individuals, the workplace, and the broader health care system. Four instructional case study chapters delineate the different forms bullying can take and how to handle them, and a "bully-proofing" chapter replete with such useful tools as a bullying checklist, a guide to "de-toxifying" the workplace, and an explanation of the ANA Code of Ethics related to bullying.
- Addresses all facets of nurse bullying, from origins and manifestations to evidence-based interventions and prevention strategies
- Based on the hallmark ANA document “Incivility, Bullying, and Workplace Violence
- Contains 10 instructive case studies depicting common bullying scenarios
- Provides a wealth of anti-bullying resources for use in all nursing settings
- Offers overview and chapter objectives and Fast Facts in a Nutshell clinical pearls