- A book and a wake-up call to mental health providers on the subject of giftedness
- Our bright red cover hits the bookshelves in Germany!
- Curious about nursing and the law? Get the fast facts in this video clip
- Part 1 of 4: Video interview with Dr. Melnyk on her user-friendly guide for health care researchers
- Hot topics and trends in Counseling
- Fast Facts for Dementia Care – watch the video clip here
- A groundbreaking study finds that women engage in abusive behavior at rates equal to those of men
- Proud to have our book, Aging in Transportation and America, be donated to the 2013 Bugbee Falk Book Award!
- Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners – a video
- Rebuilding After the Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- "Clinical nurse specialists are not going away—we’re here for the long haul."
- “Nursing the Nation” – an incredible poem told by Molly Case in front of Royal College of Nursing Congress and a standing ovation
- Angelina Jolie and the rise of preventive mastectomies
- After the building collapse in Bangladesh, one man ran toward the ruins in search of survivors
- Take a moment to recognize the "everyday heroes" that arise in a moment of crisis
- First day on the job, a nurse in Oklahoma responds to the devastating tornado
- Short video clip on "Being a Nurse"
- "We’re all so good at failure, so let’s embrace it"
- Nursing students learn from a post-Katrina environment
- There's a nursing shortage, and it's affecting every aspect of the profession
- Tips for acing the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam
- Yikes! Beware of scammers taking advantage of confusion over new health care laws!
- Infographic – What do we know about autism?
- The stigmas surrounding suicide
- More than locks and chains can hold a person captive
- Rejecting the "Bible" of psychiatry: DSM 5 faces staunch criticism
- 10 tips on how to age positively
- Quick quiz to see how much you know about Women's Health Coverage!
- The many labels used to describe mental health patients and how they obscure what's most important: the patients themselves
- Fascinating stats on women’s mental health
- In California, lawmakers are considering legislation that would allow nurses more authority to care for patients
- Did you participate in our Cherry Ames-themed caption contest?! Check out these fabulous winners…
Technology and Innovation
- A powerful ad using technology to aid victims of child abuse
- A robot that can detect depression in humans? The future is here
- Should we entrust the care of people in their 70s and older to artificial assistants rather than doing it ourselves?
- Apps for nurses!
- The doctor is in... via smartphone
- How one man used cutting-edge hospital technology to harm, not help, his patients
- The third edition of our text on Outcome Assessment in Advanced Practice Nursing is out – Get your copy of this "excellent and timely tool for advanced practice nurses"
- New edition covering the Quality-Caring Model and the need for a return to the patient-centered care
- The first comprehensive guide to setting up, operating, and practicing in a convenient care clinic
Food for Thought