Hot Off the Press
- Top 5 tips for mental health professionals when theories clash
- Top 11 Psychology Jokes
- Disaster education beyond the classroom
- Marilyn Oermann, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, esteemed author, has been appointed as the Editor-in-Chief of Nurse Educator!
- Nurses versus doctors? Finding common ground in the future of primary care
- The future looks bright for nurse practitioners! A nursing college dean shares the good news in an interview
- Social innovation is changing (and will be changing) the way we understand the nonprofit sector
- “Nurses Are Not Doctors” – a recent bill granting NPs right to provide primary care without oversight meets criticism
- Two recent government reports find that the number of elderly in the US will double by 2050
- An estimated 50% of America now takes prescription drugs
- A new painkiller with fewer side-effects is currently up for the FDA’s approval
- Separating fact from fiction in health care payment
- New study reveals that patients get the best care when they are treated by nurses who have extensive experience
- Why the wall of dietary supplements in your vitamin store may be hiding some dangers
- A psychotherapist’s take on the ever unfolding marijuana debate
- America is about to get older
- Healthy hearts for older individuals? The solution lies in modest physical activity
- The psychology behind the 9/11 Museum
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants more likely to offer health education, CDC study shows
- Patients lose when doctors don’t perform physical exams correctly
Food for Thought
- Every minute counts when treating a stroke. What can hospitals do to speed treatment?
- Should doctors ask if their patients can afford medication?
- Do seniors have too many Medicare plans to choose from?
Did You Know?