Hot Off the Press
- We remember Ursula Springer, president of our co. from 1970-2004, for her dedication to education & social justice
- Tablet, smartphone, app use rises among nurse community
- Steps to be a more prepared clinical nurse educator
- What nurses need to know before traveling abroad...
- Writing a health program grant proposal is a great way to secure funding for community health programs
- As many as 98,000 people die in any given year from hospital medical errors. Focus more on quality and safety education for nurses
- Thyroid, salivary gland, or neck conditions? Ear, nose & throat disorders encompass more than just the sniffles
- Advice from a sex therapist: Confronting the shame of early ejaculation
- Developmental psychology: how race and ethnicity affect the life of a child
- Being compassionate and feeling compelled to care can set us up to be hurt. What is compassion fatigue?
- 100 inspiring nurse professors to watch in 2014
- Very cool Google hang-out with NYC nurses in the first "Take Your Classroom to Work" program!
- The psychological consequences of calling obesity a disease
- MGH nurses run the Boston Marathon in honor of patients from last year's bombing
- If your current everyday life sometimes seems like your teenage years...
- Awesome interview on Google Glass & nursing
- Suicide prevention sheds a longstanding taboo: Talking about attempts
- Understanding procrastination and how to achieve our goals
- 4 ways the internet is transforming healthcare
- A look into the bereavement processes of Gen-Y and millenials
Did You Know…
- A dollar bill carries about 3,000 types of bacteria on its surface
- The CDC says the number of Americans diagnosed with asthma increased by 4.3 million from 2001 to 2009
Food for Thought