Hot Off the Press
- Time to think about your New Year’s Resolutions: How about better health and lower health care costs?!
- Clients’ sexual complaints vary greatly. We invite you to step into our office to see how sex therapists can respond.
- A culture of caring can improve the health care system.
- Preterm infants deserve proactive care.
- Our book just hit China! "Fast Facts for Career Success in Nursing" now available in Chinese.
- Our Psych 101 title, "Intelligence 101" is now available in Korean!
- Can a box help save lives after a disaster? The amazing resources of ShelterBox.
- Counseling in an alternative school is a great way to help kids and teens most in need.
- Are You Using the Right Guide to Study for the EPPP?
- Author Robin A. Chapman shares how watching 'Dracula' as a child led to an interest in clinical hypnosis!
- Multivitamin researchers say to not "waste" your money on multivitamins.
- Interactive: A State-by-State Look at How the Uninsured Fare Under the ACA.
- Law enforcement is powerless when it comes to keeping firearms out of the hands of people who are mentally ill.
- Nurses are doing an outstanding job when providing home care to children with complex needs.
- “[A]t any given moment, a woman is likely to be using her whole brain while a man is using
- half of his”…
- Death Dinners: Why Dying Is a Supper Topic Du Jour.
- “Social equality is the only basis of human happiness.” You changed our world, Nelson Mandela. Thank you.
- Baby-Friendly hospitals emphasize the important health benefits of breastfeeding infants.
- Can daily stress cause heart disease?
- Palliative care is underutilized in hospitals across the U.S.
- “Couchersizing" while watching TV can help improve fitness! Or you could just get off the couch…
- Over 75,000 qualified applicants were turned away from nursing programs in 2011 due to faculty shortages.
- Psych RNs play a crucial role in helping teens with mental health issues.
- "Health is an issue of equity and fairness" - great article on health literacy in the NYTimes
- "Our purpose is not simply to 'provide' care. It is to actually care."
- 6 Quick and Easy Mindfulness Tips to Combat Holiday Stress!
- For nurses working during the holiday season, here are some helpful tips to combat the stress.
Food for Thought