- Due to a nurse educator shortage, the University of Wisconsin has been forced to limit the amount of nursing students admitted to nursing programs. In response the Nurses for Wisconsin Initiative will administer a $3.2 million grant to rapidly develop more nursing educators at UW campuses in Milwaukee, Madison, Eau Claire and Oshkosh.
- Former director of nursing education at Armor Correctional Health Services in West Palm Beach, FL mentors nurses in Afghanistan:
“The nurses are very open and ask lots of questions,” she said. “The fact that I’m volunteering has made it easier; they know I don’t have to be there.”
- UCF online nursing program ranked among nation's best.
- Nurse.com asked a group of local nurse educators what advice they would give experienced nurses about advancing their educations. Read their responses.
- Researchers mixed on the merits of breast cancer screening.
- Nursing shortage impacts Europe, and the shortage of senior nurses spells ‘long-term crisis’ for NHS.
- Distinguished nursing professor offers insight after return from Qatar:
“It’s no surprise to anyone, no matter whether you’re in the Middle East or North America, that the health challenges that we are facing are chronic illness and disability. There’s a whole paradox around us because we’re living much longer but with much higher levels of chronic illness in the community and in the acute stages coming into hospitals.”