We are once again honored to receive several American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year awards. This year, Springer Publishing enjoyed six AJN awards. The awards program is presented by the oldest and one of the most honored broad-based nursing journals in the world, and is regarded by nurses and authors as the most important designation of excellence in book publishing.
The American Journal of Nursing selected these Springer Publishing Company among the 2012 Book of the Year award winners:
- Nurses’ Clinical Consult to Psychopharmacology, edited by Jacqueline Rhoads and Patrick J. M. Murphy. First place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
- Intervention Research: Designing, Conducting, Analyzing, and Funding, edited by Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk and Dianne Morrison-Beedy. First place in the Nursing Research category.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Nursing: Clinical Strategies and Practical Interventions, by Linda Damon, Joanne M. Matthew, Judy L. Sheehan, and Lisa A. Uebelacker. Second place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
- Comprehensive Systematic Review for Advanced Nursing Practice, by Cheryl Holly, Susan W. Salmond, and Marie K. Saimbert. Second place in the Advanced Practice Nursing category.
- Obstetric Triage and Emergency Care Protocols, edited by Diane J. Angelini and Donna LaFontaine. Second place in the Maternal and Child Health category.
- A Nurse’s Guide to Women’s Mental Health, by Michele R. Davidson. Third place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
Margaret Zuccarini, Nursing Publisher at Springer Publishing Company, commented: “Over the past few years, the Nursing program at Springer Publishing Company has focused on meeting the increasingly complex text and clinical reference needs of nursing graduate courses and advanced practice nurses. We are proud to be publishing for these health care professionals, and thrilled and honored to receive these awards, earned by authors who have trusted us to help shape, promote, and distribute their important work.”
Find more information on these winning titles on our 2012 AJN BOY awards webpage.