Springer Publishing Company is excited to announce that the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) has chosen ten of its titles as winners of the 2016 AJN Book of the Year awards in their respective categories. With eleven awards and six first-place wins, Springer Publishing can celebrate more this year than any other winning publisher. 2017 also marks the fifth year in a row in which Springer Publishing has been the most awarded nursing publisher.
The winning titles are:
First Place Winners:
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice, Fifth Edition, edited by Marie Boltz PhD, RN, GNP-BC, FGSA, FAAN, Elizabeth Capezuti PhD, RN, FAAN, Terry T. Fulmer PhD, RN, FAAN, and DeAnne Zwicker DrNP, APRN, BC
- Information Technology: Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse: Patient Safety, Quality, Outcomes, and Interprofessionalism, by Susan McBride PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS, and Mari Tietze PhD, RN-BC
- Nursing Research: Measurement in Nursing and Health Research, Fifth Edition, edited by Carolyn Waltz PhD, RN, FAAN, Ora Lea Strickland PhD, RN, FAAN, and Elizabeth Lenz PhD, RN, FAAN
- Palliative Care and Hospice: Perinatal and Pediatric Bereavement in Nursing and Other Health Professions, edited by Beth Perry Black PhD, RN, Patricia Moyle Wright PhD, CRNP, ACNS-BC, and Rana Limbo PhD, RN, CPLC, FAAN
- Professional Issues: American Indian Health and Nursing, edited by Margaret P. Moss PhD, JD, RN, FAAN
Second Place Winners:
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Clinical Nurse Specialist Toolkit, Second Edition, edited by Melanie Duffy MSN, RN, CCRN, CCNS, Susan Dresser MSN, APRN-BC CCRN, and Janet S. Fulton PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, ANEF, FAAN
- Critical Care-Emergency Nursing: Compact Clinical Guide to Arrhythmia and 12-Lead EKG Interpretation: Foundations of Practice for Critical Care Nurses, by Sandra Goldsworthy RN, MSc, PhD(c)
- Nursing Research: Philosophy of Science for Nursing Practice, Second Edition, by Michael D. Dahnke PhD, and H. Michael Dreher PhD, RN, FAAN
- Community Health/Public Health/Home Health: American Indian Health and Nursing, edited by Margaret P. Moss PhD, JD, RN, FAAN
Third Place Winners:
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Comprehensive Systemic Review for Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition, edited by Cheryl Holly EdD, RN, FNAP Susan Salmond EdD, RN, FAAN, and Maria Saimbert PharmD, MLIS, MSN, RN
Since 1969, the AJN Book of the Year awards have honored the best nursing books published, today encompassing 20 distinct categories. The top three books in each category are selected by a panel of experts in each field.