Amazon, 11 reviews for 5-star average:
"Excellent, very helpful, to the point, concise without leaving out important details."
"Really helps and is easy to understand."
This practical, concise, and accessible guide for graduate students and advanced clinicians delivers step-by-step guidelines for integrating research and best evidence to produce concise, well-written project proposals. Health care professionals in advanced practice are increasingly being asked to be able to deliver clinical project proposals using best evidence for advancing quality patient care. With the same “must know” clinical scholarship tools of the first edition, this revision provides practical guidelines of common project models for developing and writing a tight proposal from start to finish while leaving room for the unique nature of most clinical project topics.
The second edition includes a completely new chapter on quality improvement concepts, new project proposal abstracts, and new information specific to the DNP project from the AACN. Using the same three-part organization to walk through the intricacies of planning, writing, and completing scholarly project proposals, this new edition also adds new key features to keep readers engaged with the text and their own ongoing or forthcoming proposal. Chapters have been updated to include websites for additional learning, as well as advice from DNP students who have themselves successfully completed project proposals. Reflective questions, tips for completing proposals, exemplars, and reader activities throughout the book facilitate readers’ greater understanding of projects and subsequent proposals.
New to the Second Edition:
- A new chapter on quality improvement concepts
- Advice from DNP students who have themselves completed proposals
- Chapter updates and edits for enhanced clarity
- Websites for additional learning
- New information specific to the DNP project based on guidance from the AACN
- Increased emphasis on the Project Triangle, an important foundational structure
- Provides topflight guidance in proposal writing for DNP and other nursing clinical projects
- Details parameters for integrating scholarship with clearly communicated professional objectives
- Contains numerous writing prompts and questions that guide students in reflective scholarly writing
- Offers examples of good writing, reflective questions, and tools for self-assessment
- Offers helpful tips for making proposals concise yet complete