The Nursing Student Retention Toolkit contains a comprehensive set of hands-on resources for designing, implementing and evaluating student retention and success strategies. To be used in conjunction with Nursing Student Retention: Understanding the Process and Making a Difference, the toolkit can be used by educators, administrators, and researchers, and is appropriate for all undergraduate levels and settings, including diploma, ADN, BS, RN-BS, and accelerated BS programs.
Toolkit items include ten questionnaires, a questionnaire-coding page for respondent anonymity, a conceptual model, two illustrated pathways, six assessment tools, and ten faculty-interactive retention strategy design modules. The toolkit also includes ready-to-use materials for:
- Recognizing factors that restrict or support retention
- Identifying and assisting at-risk students
- Designing individualized, holistic strategies for diverse learners
- Implementing culturally competent teaching and advisement
- Fostering professional development
- Creating an inclusive environment
- Applying tools and strategies to make a positive difference in student lives
- Evaluating strategy outcomes
A unique, one-stop resource, this toolkit can help revitalize your teaching career, benefit
your students, and enhance nursing student retention and success at your institution.