"This textbook provides the busy clinician with a 'one stop' comprehensive guide to women's health that includes essential components of the history, diagnostic workup, treatment, and management guidelines for most common health issues and problems specific to providing gynecologic care to women. Clinicians will welcome the updated clinical content and additional resources and educational recommendations."
From the Forward by R. Mimi Secor, MS, MEd, FNP-BC, FAANP
Family Nurse Practitioner/Consultant, Specializing in Women's Health
National NP Radio Host for ReachMD "Partners in Practice"
This landmark 10th edition of a highly respected classic and best-selling reference provides current guidelines for primary care management of common gynecological conditions across the age span. The fully revised new edition provides well-organized, concise, and easier-to-access evidence-based practice guidelines for use in community and ambulatory settings. It has been written by nurse practitioners with over 90 years of combined experience in women's health, and integrates the knowledge of noted experts for each topic.
This 10th edition offers new information for all guidelines and presents essential new guidelines for sexually transmitted diseases, family planning, medical abortion, breast cancer screening and other breast conditions, osteoporosis, menopause, incontinence, sexual dysfunction, complementary and alternative therapies, smoking cessation, abuse and violence screening, abuse screening for disabled women, and Pap, PCOS, and preconception care. The guide also contains an entirely new chapter on annual well woman visits, an enhanced mental health chapter detailing discontinuation of SSRIs/SNRIs, recent guidelines from the World Health Organization regarding contraception, and more. This book will be of value to graduate nursing programs, all nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives.
- Reflects "best practice" standards of care empirically proven to improve patient outcomes by at least 28%
- Provides quick and easy access to crucial clinical information through use of an intuitive alpha organization, a consistent format, and new spiral binding
- Contains new "Well Woman Annual Visit" chapter
- Patient education handouts are included in book AND are available in printable PDF format online
- Contains completely new bibliographies reflecting the latest literature and evidence-based practice, and relevant websites