Designated a Doody's Core Title!
"This comprehensive book addresses pertinent issues for clinical nurse specialists from clinical interventions to nursing care delivery and nursing leadership. This is a wonderful addition to the field of nursing." Score: 100, 5 stars
Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice serves as a comprehensive textbook and practice reference for graduate-level CNS students and practitioners. Compiled and edited by experts in the field, this book discusses every aspect of Clinical Nurse Specialist practice, from its historical foundations to chapters on implementing the business of CNS practice.
With this book, readers will gain essential knowledge on delivering client care-to the individual patient, the family, and the community. The text includes major sections on designing and evaluating client care interventions, promoting innovation, change, and diffusion in practice, client care delivery, and a wealth of information on the business aspects of CNS practice.
Key topics discussed:
- How to use the Clinical Reasoning Model (CRM), a clinical inquiry guide for problem-solving
- How to use complex adaptive systems theory to influence change
- Using population-based data analysis to improve patient care outcomes
- Exploring the business aspects of CNS practice, with discussions on economics, consultation, technology management, and billing and reimbursement issues
- Practice Exemplars on hospital-based CNS practice, collaborative private practice, and entrepreneurship
- Role Exemplars that range from pediatric, bariatric, and pain management to psychiatric liaison, rehabilitation CNS, and Emergency CNS