Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title!
The first text of its kind, Translation of Evidence into Nursing and Health Care Practice helps graduate students in Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) courses meet the core competency requirements, content, and knowledge of the DNP curriculum. This revolutionary guide focuses particularly on the challenges of translating evidence into practice, one of the DNP course competencies.
Written by nursing faculty who are currently involved in clinical practice and who translate evidence as part of their practice activities, this textbook presents an interdisciplinary application that provides readers with content for both clinical-based and non-clinical based DNP courses. Divided into three main sections, it discusses theoretical and practical challenges to translation of evidence into practice; methods and translation techniques to employ this translation across settings; and related evaluation strategies to demonstrate improvement in practice and clinical care outcomes.
- Integration and application of knowledge into practice
- Leading and evaluating change
- Leadership strategies for translation
- Interdisciplinary application across settings
- Outcomes management for improvement of direct and indirect care
- Other important features include case studies, suggested activities for application of the content for learning, and an extensive list of references, current web links, and other applicable resources for enhancing graduate student learning.