Based on a philosophy of active learning, this innovative and refreshing study aid is designed to help students learn the fundamentals of maternal-child nursing through unfolding case studies. Nursing content is woven into vivid case vignettes that evolve over time, thus engaging students and helping them develop critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills. The text also serves as a comprehensive workbook for students preparing for the NCLEX-RN√Ü. It is the only maternal-child nursing review text to integrate content with practice and professional responsibilities to foster an engrossing real-world learning experience.
The case vignettes are based on actual cases and incorporate all core content topics (assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care) for maternal-child nursing and NCLEX-RN√Ü success. The book includes multiple choice, matching, true/false and calculation questions, each related to the unfolding clinical situation. Exercise answers with rationale appear at the end of each chapter. References at the end of the book facilitate self-remediation. Nurse-educators will also find this resource helpful for simulation experiences, classroom cases, group projects, and clinical conferences. Key Features:
- Reviews maternal-child nursing core content for course learning and test review prep, as well as for NCLEX-RN√Ü success
- Uses unfolding, real-life case vignettes to integrate core content with practice and professional responsibilities
- Covers all types of NCLEX-style questions for greater test familiarity
- Incorporates online resources for use in clinical settings
- Develops critical thinking skills to help students "think like a nurse"