This will be very helpful to students studying leadership and management for the NCLEX. The questions are pertinent and well written, and they cover a wide range of topics. This review is a worthwhile resource for student preparation." Score: 96, 4 Stars. --Doody's Medical Reviews
Based on an innovative, active learning paradigm, this course review for the Leadership and Management Nursing Skills NCLEX-RN features the use of unfolding case studies to thoroughly engage students while helping them to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Unlike other content review books, this resource builds required content into compelling case scenarios that mimic situations in real-life practice. It features answers and rationales at the end of each chapter and includes 200 questions comprised of 150 multiple choice and 50 alternative NCLEX-RN style questions. The book is also infused with Web links and resources that will keep students engaged and further reinforce realistic decision-making.
The review focuses on developing leadership and management competencies, patient care management including advanced directives, ethical and legal issues, organizational management, and delegating responsibilities to other members of the health care team. Students love this innovative approach to learning how to 'think like a nurse'! Faculty find the case studies useful for clinical make-up assignments. Available in both print and eBook formats, the review is enhanced by the inclusion of URLs linking to resources that expands scope of content and increases content assimilation. Key Features:
- Promotes active learning through use of unfolding case studies
- Eschews traditional repetitive question review for an intensified learning experience
- Provides answers conveniently located at the end of each chapter and rationales for both correct AND incorrect answers
- Serves as a handy resource for clinical make-up assignments
- Includes more than 200 questions including 150 multiple choice and 50 alternative NCLEX questions