In her latest book, Dr. Clark applies a holistic, wellness perspective to community health, focusing on community strengths and resilience - such as positive nutrition, healthy environment, fitness, and self care skills - rather than risks and disease. Practitioners and students will find this book a practical and comprehensive resource for creating community health programs and promoting wellness among individuals and groups. Special features include:
- A step-by-step guide to planning, implementing, and marketing community health programs;
- Strategies for wellness nutrition, fitness, stress management, and smoking cessation;
- Strategies for preventing violence in the schools and larger community;
- Tips on sharpening communication skills with individuals and groups; and
- Models of culturally sensitive health promotion programs.