Featured Book of the Week
USE PROMO CODE: WEEKLY TO RECEIVE 20% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING.
Medical Spanish for Nurses
AUTHOR: Soledad Traverso PhD, Laurie Urraro PhD, Patty McMahon PhD, CRNP
Designed for those with no previous experience speaking Spanish, this guide provides nurses, other medical professionals, and students with the tools to communicate with Spanish-speaking patients. Online audio is available to provide correct pronunciation and prepare learners for a wide array of medical situations. Using a step-by-step approach with plenty of examples, the text enables readers to quickly develop their Spanish knowledge. Question and response scenarios, vocabulary quizzes, anatomy identifi cation, summary exercises, and dialogue reinforce and expedite learning.
- Requires no previous knowledge of Spanish
- Focuses on Spanish words and phrases needed in common health care interactions with patients
- Includes multiple interactive print and audio exercises to enhance learning
- Gives print and audio examples of common patient responses
- Includes examples of common conversations between health care professionals and patients
- Provides scripted dialogues for conducting a complete history and physical exam, performing gynecological exams, and teaching scenarios for fetal development, pregnancy, breast exams, testicular exams, and contraception