This one-stop resource is the first to focus on applying EMDR scripted protocols to medical related conditions. Edited by a leading EMDR scholar andpractitioner, it delivers a wide range of step-by-step protocols that enable beginning clinicians as well as seasoned EMDR clinicians, trainers, andconsultants alike to enhance their expertise more quickly when working with clients who present with medical-related issues. The scripts are convenientlyoutlined in an easy-to-use, manual style template, facilitating a reliable, consistent format for use with EMDR clients.
The scripts distill the essence of the Standard EMDR Protocols. They reinforce the specific parts, sequence, and language used to create an effectiveoutcome, and illustrate how clinicians are using this framework to work with a variety of medical related issues while maintaining the integrity of the AIPmodel. Following a brief outline of the basic elements of EMDR procedures and protocols, the book focuses on applying EMDR scripted protocols to such keymedical issues as cancer, eating disorders, headaches, chronic pain, somatic disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia
,medical related trauma, self-care and others. It includes summary sheets for each protocol to facilitate gathering information, client documentation, andquick retrieval of salient information while formulating a treatment plan. Protocols for clinician self-care add further to the book‚Äôs value.
- Encompasses a wide range of step-by-step scripts for medical-related issues
- Includes scripted protocols and summary sheets in strict accordance with AIP model
- Facilitates the rapid development of practitioner expertise
- Outlined in convenient manual-style template
- Includes scripts for EMDR treatment of clients with cancer, eating disorders, headaches, somatic disorders, MS, sexual disorders, and more