PRESERVING A LIFE OF PEACE AND DIGNITY FOR THE AGING
This ground-breaking volume offers a new, collaborative approach geared to enhance case review, improve victim safety, raise abuser accountability, and promote system change.
Sharing the common goal of promoting elder victim safety, experts in adult protective services, law enforcement, prosecution, health care, advocacy, and civil justice have formed a unique, multidisciplinary team approach to tackle the following critical topics:
- Establishing a collaborative description of elder abuse history
- Identifying the criteria for the reporting of cases
- Accessing the intervention systems involved
- Highlighting benefits and obstacles to success
- Reviewing policy, legislation, research, and social change
As the aging population continues to grow, so does the potential for increasing cases of elder abuse. Replete with case examples that allow the experiences of victims to speak for themselves, this book provides the framework to begin, and to build on, collaborative approaches at the local, state, and national levels toward ending elder abuse.