Demystifies EKG interpretation
Delivering succinct, clear explanations to help students easily grasp key concepts, this book provides a comprehensive, multifaceted approach to EKG interpretation for NP and PA students, as well as practicing clinicians who need a quick refresher.
The second edition retains the book’s systematic, physiologic approach that trains readers to follow the same steps in evaluating each EKG. It negates the need for rote memorization by facilitating a genuine understanding of EKG interpretation. Using the patient’s presenting symptoms as a starting point, abundant clinical scenarios demonstrate real-life applications for interpreting EKG readings. With scores of figures and tables, and more than 160 EKG tracings, this resource delivers exactly everything PAs and NPs need to provide expert, quality care to their patients.
New to the Second Edition:
- 15 new EKG tracings in print
- 30 new case studies with accompanying EKG tracings and teaching points, available online
- Basic review of clinical conditions related to common EKG abnormalities
- New review questions at the end of each chapter
- More complex clinical cases to further challenge the student and increase proficiency in EKG interpretation
- Additional diagnostic findings in atrial enlargement, bundle branch blocks, and ventricular hypertrophy
- Updated chapter contrasting PVCs with PACs
- Key points at the end of every chapter