A Doody's Core Title!
"[This book] addresses issues that cut across a wide range of best practices and the effect of technology on learning. [It includes] sound principles, new and creative ideas, [and] many implications for future research. What can and cannot be taught online? How are faculty best assisted in learning a new role? Who are the students in this geographically and culturally diverse learning community?... I know that you will enjoy this book because it combines current practices and research with building a foundation of knowledge that takes us into the future."
Jeanne M. Novotny, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean, School of Nursing
This award-winning text, now in its third edition, integrates new digital teaching strategies with current distance education practices. Extensive revisions, seven new chapters, and an innovative format facilitate the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of distance curriculum in undergraduate and graduate programs. New content promotes mobile computing in distance education, faculty preparation, quality improvement, learning in context, clinical reasoning, ethical comportment, and writing skills, and addresses the challenges of accreditation for distance programs. The text helps teachers assess their teaching strategies and try new methods in selected courses to enhance outcomes. Practical hints and key points focus on supporting learner success, using learning objects, and more.. Special features include an author-hosted blog and website to enhance and extend learning. The text is designed for RN-BSN, MSN, PhD, and DNP levels and will also be beneficial for health care organizations that provide online continuing education. This New Edition:
- Integrates new, contextually based teaching modalities with current distance education practices
- Includes seven new chapters with learning objectives, benchmarking, and mobile computing (with Web 2.0 tools) possibilities
- Provides specific suggestions for overcoming barriers to online classes and other paradigm shifts
- Features teaching approaches, course and program design, and case examples
- Offers an author-managed blog and website , updated continually