Over 10,000 Detailed Entries!
There is a myth that all stakeholders in the healthcare space understand the meaning of basic information technology jargon. In truth, the vernacular of contemporary medical information systems is unique, and often misused or misunderstood√ñ Moreover, an emerging national Heath Information Technology (HIT) architecture; in the guise of terms, definitions, acronyms, abbreviations and standards; often puts the non-expert medical, nursing, public policy administrator or paraprofessional in a position of maximum uncertainty and minimum productivity √ñThe Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security will therefore help define, clarify and explain...You will refer to it daily.
-- Richard J. Mata, MD, MS, MS-CIS, Certified Medical Planner¬© (Hon), Chief Medical Information Officer [CMIO], Ricktelmed Information Systems, Assistant Professor Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
An Essential Tool for Every Health Care Industry Sector:
- layman, purchaser, and benefits manager
- physician, provider and healthcare facility
- payer, intermediary and consulting professional
Key Benefits & Features Include:
- New HIT, HIPAA, WHCQA, HITPA, and NEPSI terminology
- Abbreviations, acronyms, and slang-terms defined
- Illustrations and simple examples
- Cross-references to current research