Job Opening: VP of Sales
Springer Publishing Company is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic sales executive. This executive level position, reporting to the CEO, is responsible to strategically direct, lead and manage sales across all channels, formats and platforms, while helping to further drive the digital delivery of content and the transformation to a more information and service-driven enterprise.
We are looking for an innovative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can build and mentor a winning sales team, drive strong revenue growth across the business and contribute to the strategic direction of the business. This individual must possess the insight and demonstrated ability to creatively find ways to increase revenue while adapting to changing market conditions and customer needs as well as possess a solid track record of leadership, team-building, and creating and growing revenue.
The position will partner with Marketing to ensure promotions and selling campaigns are aligned and drive the results envisioned. The VP Sales will work closely across the company including with Content, Digital, Finance as well as others to achieve the growth and profitability objectives.
While experience in health-related textbook publishing is a plus, the individual must have solid proven results providing content-based digital products and services to professionals and corporations as well as strong new business development skills.
The executive position is responsible for developing the strategic direction, managing and leading the sales organization and setting, monitoring and achieving revenue. The VP Sales develops and executes the strategic and tactical plans to meet the agreed upon sales and growth targets across the business, including the commercial websites MinorityNurse.com and DailyNurse.com.
Duties and responsibilities:
Drive Revenue and Results:
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales revenue goals and effectively increase market share with existing and potential customers.
- Develop selling strategies for all channels encompassing trade/wholesale, library, government, direct-to-retail, direct-to-consumer, institutional and corporate across all formats from print textbooks to professional reference to digital learning solutions and on all platforms.
- Develop and execute the strategy for commercial websites ensuring revenue, performance and customer satisfaction targets are achieved.
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities.
- Ensure an effective means to provide accurate forecasting, monitoring, pipeline and results reporting.
- Establish strategic territory and channel plans, maintain healthy pipelines and ensure the right balance of inside and field sales force.
- Develop, implement and execute sales policies and practices. o Identify opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling, using service/product knowledge in order to create opportunities.
- Drive increased verifiable adoption rates among higher education programs
Drive Engagement & Elevate the Customer Experience:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and foster long-standing customer relationships through a high level of interaction.
- Make recommendations for new products, new business models. Develop proposals for products and services that meet identified client needs.
- Develop and maintain awareness/understanding of market, products, competitors and trends.
- Direct the gathering and communication of information on market issues and trends to develop effective sales strategies.
- Conduct analysis / discovery of customer needs and market trends to gain a clear understanding of how to position products/services.
- Build customer relationships and deliver solutions that meet the customers’ needs and create value.
- Develop and maintain third-party distributor relationships that expand market reach
Invest in the team:
- Create a culture of success and goal achievement.
- Attract, retain and develop sales leadership in selling strategies, effective presentation skills, product knowledge, etc.
- Play a hands-on role with the field sales organization, maintaining personal presence and high visibility, supporting and presenting alongside the reps.
- Ensure the proper balance and responsibilities of both the inside and field reps.
- Proactively manage, develop, and motivate the sales team.
- 10+ years of successful sales leadership experience across a multi-channel, multi-discipline organization
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and drive with the ability to persuade and inspire
- Market/customer centric orientation and well versed in Salesforce.com
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in selling educational and/or research content products and services to professionals and third-party providers.
This position requires travel and the ability to drive and fly to destinations as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
About Springer Publishing Company:
A publishing pioneer celebrating 65 years in the industry, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, behavioral sciences, health sciences, and medical publisher. Our products have won numerous awards, from the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Awards, to the ALA Choice Awards and the highly selective AAP PROSE Awards, and we offer over one hundred top quality titles annually, in addition to more than twenty journals. In all of our publishing areas, we are passionate about providing the best textbooks, professional reference and clinical books, apps, and digital resources to students, instructors, and professionals. Named one of the fastest growing independent publishers in the United States by Publishers Weekly, we continue to grow our product portfolio in nursing, psychology, social work, gerontology, public health, counseling, rehabilitation healthcare administration, and medicine.
Interested candidates can forward their letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Springer Publishing Company
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036