Job Opening: Sales Assistant
Springer Publishing Company is seeking an energetic, self-starter to assist the Senior Sales Director and two Sales Directors in all sales activities with trade, corporate, government, and international accounts. Great opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and to help increase sales with a rapidly growing publisher in nursing, social sciences and medicine. This position reports directly to the Senior Sales Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create New Book Information sheets for all new titles.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and sales kits for meetings with wholesalers and retailers.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly sales reports.
- Work with Editorial, Marketing, and Production to traffic copy and covers. Liaise with appropriate department to maintain schedule based on publication date.
- Maintain master spreadsheet of each title’s activity.
- Coordinate book signings and author events.
- Ensure conference booksellers have books for meetings and that orders are received and processed.
- Research associations and organizations for lead generation.
- Perform other duties as required to help the sales department achieve revenue targets.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in sales and/or publishing.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Organized, detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This position is located in NYC office and requires ability to sit for an extended period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Interested candidates can forward their letter and resume to: email@example.com.