Job Opening: Licensing & New Business Development Sales Director
Springer Publishing Company is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic sales director. This position, reporting to the VP of Sales, is responsible to strategically direct and manage licensing and new business development sales across all channels, formats and platforms. We are looking for an innovative individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who can drive strong revenue growth across the business. This individual must possess the insight and demonstrated ability to creatively find ways to increase revenue while adapting to changing market conditions and customer needs as well as possess a solid track record of creating new business opportunities and growing revenue.
While experience in health-related publishing and the higher education industry is a plus, the ideal candidate will have solid sales and new business development experience and a proven track record providing content-based digital products and services to professionals, partners and corporations. Reporting to this position is the National Sales Manager for Advertising Sales with a strong focus on digital recruitment services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive Revenue and Results & Elevate the Customer Experience
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales revenue goals
- Manage all aspects of licensing from target market segmentation, opportunity identification and relationship building to business model development, contract negotiations and product delivery.
- Analyze business models, negotiate/execute/manage new license agreements to achieve objectives and drive revenue growth.
- Develop proposals for products and services that meet identified client needs.
- Build customer relationships and deliver solutions that meet the customers’ needs and create value. Nurture and close new business leads, identify and pursue upselling opportunities.
- Upon confirmation of the business by the customer, work closely with Editorial, Product Development and other to properly fulfill the project.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and foster long-standing customer relationships through a high level of interaction.
- Make recommendations for new products, new business models.
- Develop and maintain awareness/understanding of market, products, competitors and trends.
- Gather and share information on market issues and trends to develop effective sales strategies.
- Conduct analysis / discovery of customer needs and market trends to gain a clear understanding of how to position products/services.
- Develop and maintain third-party distributor relationships that expand market reach
Qualifications and Competency Requirements:
- 8+ years of successful strategic sales and/or licensing experience across a multi-channel, multi-discipline organization
- Business Acumen demonstrated by making sound business decisions based on a solid understanding of Springer’s content and strategic objectives aligned with the objectives of potential clients and partners.
- Driving Team Results through establishment of expectations, accountabilities, clarifying expectations of performance, agreeing to standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance and giving feedback.
- Sparking Innovation and creating opportunities by fostering an environment open to new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, approaches, products and business models.
- Influence and Persuasion to sell ideas, gain support and buy-in.
- Market/customer centric orientation and well versed in Salesforce.com
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to tailor communication and presentation style to affectively influence and persuade others to make commitments at all levels.
- Experience in selling educational and/or research content products and services to professionals and third-party providers.
This position requires travel and the ability to drive and fly to destinations as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
About Springer Publishing Company:
A publishing pioneer celebrating 65 years in the industry, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, behavioral sciences, health sciences, and medical publisher. Our products have won numerous awards, from the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Awards, to the ALA Choice Awards and the highly selective AAP PROSE Awards, and we offer over one hundred top quality titles annually, in addition to more than twenty journals. In all of our publishing areas, we are passionate about providing the best textbooks, professional reference and clinical books, apps, and digital resources to students, instructors, and professionals. Named one of the fastest growing independent publishers in the United States by Publishers Weekly, we continue to grow our product portfolio in nursing, psychology, social work, gerontology, public health, counseling, rehabilitation healthcare administration, and medicine.
Interested candidates can forward their letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Springer Publishing Company
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036