Job Opening: Director, Customer Service
Springer Publishing Company is looking for a talented and energetic Director of Customer Service. This position, reporting to the VP of Sales, is responsible to direct and manage customer service and product support across all channels, formats and platforms. We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who can drive strong customer satisfaction and interdepartmental relationships across the business. The individual must be a leader and motivator with a clear understanding of the requirements and challenges of a support organization within a fast-growing and changing company.
While experience in higher education publishing is a plus, the ideal candidate will have solid customer service experience and a proven track record providing superior customer service to external as well as internal customers and operational excellence. This individual must possess the demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day operations and ensure a smooth, efficient and timely process.
This position requires the individual to maintain positive and cooperative working relations with a broad audience of customers as well as internal cross-departmental staff. The ideal candidate will drive improvements beyond the customer service team, ensuring efficiencies up and down the order flow. Reporting to this position are two customer service representatives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide direct support, principally by phone and email, to existing and potential customers including the end-customers (students, instructors and clinicians) as well as our growing distributor network including wholesalers, retailers, bookstores, libraries, etc., across all products (print, ebooks, online subscriptions, etc.).
- Develop metrics and monitor progress related to customer satisfaction and order processing.
- Responsible for performance management, training, coaching and goal setting for direct reports and the group in total.
- Ensure that our customer service representatives are focused on achieving and exceeding customer and inter-departmental objectives.
- Working with Management, develop and implement strategic plans, initiatives and objectives aligned to the overall corporate goals.
Qualifications and Competency Requirements:
- 10 years of successful customer service/support experience across a multi-channel, multi-discipline organization.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and experience in implementing best practices.
- Detail-oriented and highly skilled at collaborative management, team building and developing strong organizational relationships.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Business acumen demonstrated by making sound business decisions based on a solid understanding of strategic objectives.
- Drives team results through establishment of expectations, accountabilities, clarifying expectations of performance, agreeing to standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance and giving feedback.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
Business travel is not expected but may on occasion be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
About Springer Publishing Company:
A publishing pioneer celebrating 65 years in the industry, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, behavioral sciences, health sciences, and medical publisher. Our products have won numerous awards, from the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Awards, to the ALA Choice Awards and the highly selective AAP PROSE Awards, and we offer over one hundred top quality titles annually, in addition to more than twenty journals. In all of our publishing areas, we are passionate about providing the best textbooks, professional reference and clinical books, apps, and digital resources to students, instructors, and professionals. Named one of the fastest growing independent publishers in the United States by Publishers Weekly, we continue to grow our product portfolio in nursing, psychology, social work, gerontology, public health, counseling, rehabilitation healthcare administration, and medicine.
Interested candidates can forward their letter and resume to: email@example.com
Springer Publishing Company
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036