Named a 2013 Doody's Essential Purchase!
Since there are few books available on this topic that are this comprehensive and well-organized, this book should be of value to anyone interested in the topic of assisted living facilities in the U.S. Score: 98, 5 stars.√≥Doody's Medical Reviews
This book is much needed. It offers a practical approach to key issues in the management of an assisted living facility... It is especially pleasing to see the long needed collaboration between nursing, social services, and education that is reflected by the training of the authors. This book is an important milestone for the field of aging and assisted living administration.
From the Foreword byRobert Newcomer, PhD,
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
University of California-San Francisco
Assisted Living Administration and Management contains all the essentials for students new to the field, as well as nuanced information for professionals looking to fine-tune their skills. This comprehensive resource provides deeper insights to address the ever-changing world of the assisted living community, containing effective best practices and model programs in elder care. The authors provide the necessary tools and tips to maximize the overall health, safety, and comfort of residents.
This landmark reference, for assisted living and senior housing administrators as well as graduate students, contains the most practical guidelines for operating assisted living facilities. It offers advice on hiring and training staff, architecture and space management, and more. This multidisciplinary book is conveniently organized to cover the most crucial aspects of management, including organization; human resources; business and finance; environment; and resident care. Key Features:
- Highlights the most effective practices and model programs in elder care that are currently used by facilities throughout the United States
- Contains useful details on business and financial management, including guidelines for marketing, legal issues and terms, and public policy issues
- Includes chapters on environmental management, with information on accessibility, physical plant maintenance, and disaster preparedness
- Emphasizes the importance of holistic, resident care management, by examining the biological, psychological, and social aspects of aging
- Enables students to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information on how to operate assisted living facilities