The only guide to the application of conceptual nursing models
This practical resource for nursing students, educators, researchers, and practitioners provides content about the conceptual models of nursing that are used as organizing frameworks for nursing practice, quality improvement projects, and research. Chapters break these abstract models down into their core concepts and definitions. Discussions of each model provide examples of the practical application so readers can employ these organizing frameworks for nursing practice, quality improvement projects, and research. This is the only book to apply these models to quality improvement projects, particularly those in DNP programs and clinical agencies.
For every conceptual model, diagrams, information boxes, and other visual elements clarify and reinforce information. Each chapter features applications of the conceptual models to a wide variety of examples, including nursing practice assessment and an intervention, a literature review, a descriptive qualitative study, an instrument development study, a correlational study, an experimental study, and a mixed-methods study. Other valuable features include downloadable PowerPoint templates for practice, quality improvement, and research methodologies for each conceptual model, along with extensive references.
- Focuses on applying conceptual models in practice
- Demonstrates how a wide range of nursing conceptual models are applied to nursing practice, quality improvement, and research
- Presents downloadable PowerPoint templates for practice, quality improvement, and research methodologies for each conceptual model
- Provides abundant diagrams, boxes, and other visual elements to clarify and reinforce information
- Includes an extensive list of references for each conceptual model